I hope that all of you had a wonderful Holiday, and that you have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!
This time of year, in spite of the joy, can be very stressful. Now, in addition to the usual Holiday stresses, we are faced with external circumstances which can be exceedingly stressful, the economy, the wars. During this times, there often are additional conflicts in relationships. I know. I’ve been there.
The most important thing to do is to take care of yourself. We cannot care for others if we do not care for ourselves. Here are five actions which you can take so that you will feel less tense and calmer:
- *Honor the person within you: treat yourself as your own best friend.
- *Let yourself grieve and mourn for any losses you may be suffering.
- *Let yourself feel all of your feelings: there are no good or bad feelings; they just are.
- *Spend time doing what you dearly love to do whether it is a walk in nature, going to the theater, dancing–something that you truly enjoy.
- *Talk about what’s going on with you with someone you trust–a friend, a co- worker, a therapist: talking can help you decide what’s important and what is no longer important for you and can help you work through some of your feelings.
I would very much like to know whether or not this has been helpful, and would be honored to support you in following through on any of these actions. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 415-474-6707 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, I wish you Health and Peace in the New Year.